Sunday 15 August 2010

Hand Edits

This set of images is from a first year uni project of mine based on manual manipluation of images, NO editing software allowed!

I wanted the images to undergo a change of status, from a generic 6x4 print to a piece of Fine Art Photography.



The images above show the effect of heat on my images..
I love textures created but wanted a methid more in my control..
Bring on the chemicals!


(Ok..chemical overload..however I did learn early on in my experimentation it is possible to make some beautiful image transfers using this technique, as shown in the piece below..)


Applying different chemicals in various ways..





(Print)

The piece above shows how it is possible to mask areas of the print to retain original detail..this is something I wish to pursue in time..

No comments:

Post a Comment